Our Services & Fees
Our main services are locating your property, negotiating the price and managing the purchase process. We advise on mortgages, property tax filing and related matters to serve as your sole contact in Barcelona. Our fees are published below so you can compare costs and make a budget.
Negotiating the Price
If you contact us before you agree to a price, we have a chance to save you money. There are no guarantees, as some sellers refuse to negotiate, but having someone who does this regularly can make a difference. For us to be effective, please do not discuss price with the seller or their agent. See below.
Bill from London was visiting a flat in the Old Town area of Barcelona. The agent, in Spanish, said: “The price is 190,000€, but for you we’ll cut it to 180,000€”. Bill, who understands very little Spanish, said “OK”. Later he hired Mark Carr of Spain Advisors to negotiate the price. Mark saw the flat and knew that 175,000€ was a fair price.
So he offered the agent 165,000€. The agent refused to negotiate saying “Bill already accepted my offer of 180,000€.” The agent knew Bill doesn’t speak very much Spanish and was not accepting an offer when he uttered ‘OK’. The agent also knew that 165,000€ was a good offer for the flat. In the end, Bill decided not to buy as he found a similar flat for a lower price.
Talking to the Real Estate Agent
As Bill found out in the story above, you must be very careful what you say to an agent, on the phone, in an email and in person. Anything you say will be used against you later. And they might get you to say something about the price that you later regret.
Buy Property Services
Search, Negotiation & Purchase
Our most popular service, by helping you search and negotiate the price we have a chance to save you money.
1) We visit 3 properties in Barcelona of your choice.
2) We advise on the neighborhood and property pointing out positive and negative aspects.
3) We negotiate a price with the Seller or their Agent.
4) We manage the legal process of the purchase from start to close.
5) We advise on money transfer, mortgages, property taxes and related matters.
6) We prepare for closing with the Notary and accompany you to sign the deed.
Fee: 2,000€, including tax (valid for two properties)
You found the property and agreed to a price. We manage the purchase process from inception to close.
1) We advise on the neighborhood and property pointing out positive and negative aspects.
2) We manage the legal process of the purchase from start to close.
3) We advise on money transfer, mortgages, property taxes and related matters.
4) We prepare for closing with the Notary and accompany you to sign the deed.
Fee: 1,750€, including tax (valid for two properties)
Property Search Only
You just want to see some properties and check out the market.
If you’re in Barcelona:
1) We accompany you to the property you want to visit.
2) We advise on the neighborhood and the property pointing out the positive and negative aspects.
3) We meet the Seller or their Agent and, if we have enough information, negotiate a price.
Fee: 75€ per property (in Barcelona)
If you’re not in Barcelona:
1) You complete our Property Search Form.
2) We send you information and photos for six properties meeting your specifications.
3) You select three of the properties.
4) We visit each advising on the neighborhood and the property assessing the postive and negative aspects.
5) We meet the Seller or their Agent and, if we have enough information, negotiate a price.
6) We prepare a detailed report of each property.
Fee: 1,000€ (including tax)
Remember the 21% tax
Spain imposes a 21% Value Added Tax (VAT) on all services ‘carried out’ in Spain. Our fees include VAT. Always ask for quotes with VAT included.
These are not included in the fees below. We will give you an estimate in advance.
2. Registration Fees. This is for filing deeds and other documents with the Spanish government.
3. Translations. From English to Spanish and vice-versa. We offer a service at very competitive rates.
4. Travel. For travel outside of Barcelona, the cost depends on the distance.
In Office: 25€ per hour
1) Search Service. 75€ per property to visit, negotiate price and give advice.
2) Property Negotiation and Purchase. 2,000€. For properties valued over 500,000€ it’s 1% of the purchase price or less, depending on the property.
3) Property Purchase. 1,750€. For properties valued over 500,000€ it’s 1% of the purchase price or less, depending on the property.
4) Commercial Property. 2,000€. For properties valued over 500,000€ it’s 1% of the purchase price depending on the property.
2) Tax Preparation for properties with renters: 1000€ per year. There are quarterly and annual forms. We also act as your tax representative.
3) Rental advice, draft leases, etc.: 150€/hour
2) Certificate of Registration: For EU-Residents who are Residents of Spain: 350€
2) Individual Account we manage with a Power of Attorney: 250€
3) Company Account: 400€
2) Wealth or ‘No Lucrativo’ Visa: 2,500€
Ready to Get Started?
Doing business in a foreign country is not easy. If you feel a bit overwhelmed, it’s normal. For free advice, simply call or email us. We answer emails promptly. For a detailed description of a service, please request a written proposal. Thanks again for your visit.