The Spanish NIE: Understanding the Spanish tax ID number

Mark explains the two different types of Spanish NIE’s.

Your sole contact in Barcelona

From getting a Spanish NIE to tax advice, we offer the services required to buy and own the property you have set your eyes on. We work with a mortgage expert, a currency broker, an architect, and a Spanish tax attorney. Having one contact will save you a lot of time and hassle.

Mortgage Advice

We urge you to seek pre-approval before viewing properties. Only a bank in Spain can grant a mortgage, and the process takes time. Mortgage Direct, Spain’s mortgage expert, can tell you if you qualify and the amount you can borrow. Just click on the logo and complete the form. There are no strings attached.


Money Transfer

Never transfer bank to bank. Instead, use a currency broker if you want to save. We recommend Smart Currency Exchange. They specialize in large transfers for property purchases.

Get a Free Quote


We  highly recommended an inspection of the structure, especially in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, where the buildings date back hundreds of years. We work with a local Catalan architect with years of experience.

Spanish Tax Attorney

Only seek tax advice from an attorney specializing in tax law. It's a very tricky subject that requires expert attention. We work with a tax attorney who can explain Spanish tax laws as it applies to your situation.

Additional Services:

NIE’s, Golden Visa & Spanish Wills

Spanish NIE. Our NIE service is rather limited. We only help property buyers get an NIE to sign the deed and buy the property.

Click here for details

The Golden Visa. You qualify if you purchase a property(s) that costs 500,000€ or more paid in cash.

Click here for details

Spanish Will. If you own any property in Spain, prepare a Spanish will to ensure your assets pass hassle-free.

Click here for details

More Additional Services

Change Utilities

There usually are three bills to change from the seller’s name to the buyer’s.

Deed Registration

We prepare payment of the transfer tax and register your deed with the government.

Power of Attorney

If you’re not in Barcelona, we can sign documents and act in your behalf.