How to Find
Advice from a client
Jasper and Keava bought a flat in the Carmel area of Barcelona in May of 2017. "We saw about ten flats and met several real estate agents. Their goal is to show the property’s positive aspects and persuade you to buy. It’s important to remember that they earn a commission of the sell’s price.
The Search Process
1. Initial Consulation
- We explain the market and best areas to buy
- Taxes & the cost of property ownership
- Mortgage requirements
- Spain’s Golden Visa
2. Property Search
- You send us your property requirements & desires
- We send you properties that meet them
- You tell us which ones to visit
3. Visit the Property
- We inspect for negative aspects and take photos
- Report to you the property’s pro’s and con’s
- You may or may not be present during the visits
4. Due Diligence
- We research the property’s legal documents, mortgages, liens, zoning laws and the building’s condition
- Negotiate a price
- You decide if you want to buy
How We Work
Over the years, we’ve established strong ties to owners, developers and brokers in the real estate market. Some don’t advertise nor show their properties. It’s too much work.
We get their properties and send them to you, before anyone knows they’re on sale. You decide if it’s worth a visit and we go from there. This saves time, frustration and can get you there first.
Due Diligence – A MUST in Barcelona
We investigate the property to uncover any negative information, then negotiate a price with the owner or their agent. This includes:
With this information, you decide if the price is fair.
Property Search Tips
Properties that need work can offer the best value for your money. You can buy at a reduced price, renovate to suit your tastes, and increase the property’s value. We can recommend architects and interior designers to assist.