A Buyer’s True Story
Oliver from London bought a flat in Barcelona’s Born area in 2016. “Things happen fast. When you find The Flat, have your advisor see it right away, review the legal documents and make an offer. I lost a nice place because someone got there first. And don’t get taken for a ride. Review the property documents carefully. Be firm. Knowing some Spanish helps”.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Negotiating the Price of Property in BarcelonaContact us before you agree to a price. No guarantees, but hiring someone with experience in Barcelona can make a difference. For us to be effective, please do not discuss price with the seller or their agent. Read a true story.
An Overview of the Purchase Process
1. You Found the Property
- We visit it looking for postive and negative aspects
- Advise on mortgages and money transfer
2. Due Diligence
- We research the property’s legal documents to uncover adverse information about the owner, mortgages, liens, zoning laws and the buliding
- Negotiate a price, if necessary
3. Legal Issues
- We negotiate and draft the Arras and other pre-purchase contract(s)
- Advise on taxes and other issues that arise
- Prepare the deed with the notary and ensure payment is made correctly
- Accompany you to sign
Buying in Barcelona is Different
There is no ‘Market Value’ or standard price for property in Barcelona. The property is too varied and unique. Sellers list at the price they want and hope for the best. And sometimes Buyers pay too much. It’s easy to do. It’s a foreign country and the Agent said it was a good price. Knowing the market and persistent negotiation are necessary.
Spain Advisors or the Real Estate Agent
Most agents are very nice people and might offer to “take care of everything”. However:
The Real Estate Agent
Spain Advisors Agent
Ok, I need help buying Property in Barcelona